- Our Moment of Truth is an initiative led by the American College of Nurse-Midwives to familiarize women with midwifery.
Find a Local Midwife for Your Pregnancy
- The American College of Nurse-Midwives maintains an online database of practices with one or more Certified Nurse-Midwives (CNMs) or Certified Midwives (CMs). You can also search for hospital, in-hospital birth center, out-of-hospital and home birth practices.
- BirthPartners.com provides an online directory for locating midwives and many other types of childbirth providers, including midwives who are willing to travel to women.
- Midwives Alliance of North America (MANA) provides a list of MANA members in your state (MANA members have many different types of credentials).
- The American Association of Birth Centers maintains an online directory of birth centers.
- Citizens for Midwifery offers this collection of state-by-state midwifery laws and organizations.
Find a Local Physician Who Provides Maternity Care
- Find a family physician: The American Academy of Family Physicians lists each state chapter; you can contact the chapter to get a list of family physicians offering maternity care in your community. You can also find an FP using this resource from the American Board of Family Medicine.
- Find an obstetrician: The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists directory lets you search for OB-GYNs in your area.