Sexual harassment is never acceptable, but it’s all too common in the workplace.
Sexual harassment can take many forms – from inappropriate comments to unwelcome touching to sexual assault. And it can occur almost anywhere. Harassment can make a workplace unbearable, keep women out of the workforce and jeopardize the economic stability of workers and their families. Sexual harassment is a pervasive issue that affects workers across the country and across industries.
Most women will experience harassment in the workplace at some point in their career. And while civil rights laws prohibit discrimination and harassment for most, expanded protection and cultural change is needed to better protect workers.
The National Partnership has fought for protections for workers and will continue to work until sexual harassment is a thing of the past. That's why we educate the public and support legislation that would improve and enhance protections for workers and eliminate harassment in the workplace.
- Know Your Rights: Sexual Harassment in the Workplace | En Español
- Know Your Rights: Witnessing Sexual Harassment at Work | En Español
- Legislative Solutions to Combat Workplace Sexual Harassment
- BE HEARD: An Act to End Harassment in the Workplace
- The EMPOWER Act
- Sexual Harassment and the Wage Gap