Urgent: Your right to emergency paid leave and paid sick days has expired. Take action right now to insist Congress reinstates these provisions and provides emergency leave for all working people.
Please be aware that the resources below reflect rights and protections available prior to Jan. 1, 2021 that are no longer guaranteed.
- Know Your Rights: Emergency Paid Sick Days and Paid Leave for Child Care and Coronavirus. Learn more about your rights under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. This resource features answers to frequently asked questions around benefits. (also available in Spanish, traditional Chinese and simplified Chinese)
- America’s Workers Must Have Paid Sick Days and Paid Leave to Open the Economy Safely. Check out new state-by-state analysis and infographics highlighting the frontline workers who are most impacted by gaps in access to emergency paid leave and paid sick days.
- Help During Coronavirus: Paid Sick Days, Paid Leave and Unemployment for COVID-19. Has the coronavirus pandemic affected your ability to work? This resource has a state-by-state chart to help you identify the support available to you.
- Black Maternal Health Challenges: What's Race Got to Do With It? A virtual conversation hosted by the National Partnership for Women & Families covering the Black maternal health crisis, the coronavirus pandemic, and the intersections of race, economic inequality and reproductive justice. Moderated by the National Partnership's Sinsi Hernández-Cancio; panelists include Dr. Dawn Godbolt, Shaina Goodman and Erika Moritsugu.
- Employer Best Practices: Policies to Support Workers During the Coronavirus Pandemic This guide recommends specific policies and practices that corporate leaderscan implement quickly to support the safety and stability of their workforce.
- Expanding Paid Sick Days and Paid Family & Medical Leave in Response to COVID-19. This resource, created in collaboration with the National Women's Law Center, show the universal need for paid sick days and paid family and medical leave and urges lawmakers to take action.
- Why the Coronavirus Pandemic Is So Much Harder for Women. National Partnership staff reveal how COVID-19 has impacted their personal lives and made their work feel more urgent than ever.
- New Emergency Legislation Provides Paid Sick Days and Paid Leave for Child Care for Millions. This fact sheet explains the Families First and CARES acts – highlighting the gaps in protections – and calls Congress to pass the PAID Leave Act to close these gaps and extend essential benefits to all workers.
Our country's emergency coronavirus response must include paid sick days and paid leave! All U.S. workers need access to paid sick days and paid leave, during this pandemic and permanently. Urge Congress to expand these supports in the emergency response to the coronavirus.
Latest Press Statements & Releases
- Coalition of Health and Caregiving Advocates Urges Congress to Pass Paid Family and Medical Leave
- Congress Must Build on Infrastructure Package with Investments in Care and Family Infrastructure
- The National Partnership Stands in Solidarity Against Anti-Asian Racist and Gender-Based Violence